"Wrods used as the Prophet used them are not just words, they are words plus-words that bring into being what they say. They are words in the lineage of Genesis. This is what the Prophet did: he gave voice to the voice that spoke, and it came to be. People who were blind to God looked, people who were deaf to God listened. Through the preaching of the Prophet, people who to all appearances were a no-people again became a people of God. They are still are, we among them, living out this people of God identity, continuously sustained and deepened by preaching that is designated by the Prophet as gospel (good tidings)." Eugene Peterson
I have been spending time reflecting upon the way that Jesus used words in the way he interacted with people. I sometimes wonder how much he thought about he words he said, did he sit back and think, well, these are the words that will bring healing?
I do believe in the magnitude of God that His capability is such to bring healing, restoration and vision to the people that Jesus interacted with, regardless of the exact wording that Jesus used when he spoke to people. Yet, a part of me wonders and thinks that Jesus often times was intentional about what he told people. and that often times it was something that they were eager to hear. what it would be like to be less flippant with my words.
I claim to a be a disciple of Christ, yet sometimes when i think about my vocabulary and the things that I talk about, i have to sit back.
do I mean what I say?
do I live what I say?
Do I believe in what I am saying?
How is what I am saying affect others?
Do I believe that words can alter the reality of how we view reality and the Kingdom of God?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment