I came across this article today.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/02/world/africa/02zimbabwe.html?pagewanted=2&_r=1&hp
Zimbabwe is one of the countless countries which as I look at how thousands upon thousands of individuals live, I am speechless. It seems that an economy of any country should never have to come to the place where even the more menial jobs are no longer being filled because it costs too much for individuals to take the bus to work. The MASSIVE rise in inflation, over 12,000 percent in the last couple of years, leaves families and individuals helpless. Not only is there not enough money to sustain banks, education is no longer necessary, as people are trying to find how to get from day to day with enough to eat and survive. The inequality is quite prominent is the description of the residence mansion where Mr. Mugabe resides. It is hard for me to comprehend how the discrepancy which exists between the lives of two individuals can be so polarized. And all because of the Zimbabwean dollar.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment