Trust step:
In high school youth groups, I always remember us repeating the trust walk, or what is called the trust fall.
We would have 2 other friends who would stand in front of someone, while you allow yourself to fall, straight forward into the arms of someone who is ready to catch you.
I was thinking about this trust fall today.
There could be many things which require trust, things on a daily basis, such as trusting that my alarm clock goes off on time so that I can make it to work on time. Or trusting that the garbage man comes on Tuesday to take the trash. OR…huge jump….. There could also be something as big as realizing that I have to trust, allow myself to trust that God is in control. Control of my future, control of the desires of my heart, the desires to have a family….etc.
I think sometimes I feel like a rat on a wheel, spinning round and round and running, and then, as I stop, I have to wonder what it does accomplish. I do think that the running and pursuit after the will of God is what I need to be focusing on rather than the attaining of other things that for some reason I think will make me happy for longer periods and only end up providing that temporary satisfaction.
“We live by faith, not by sight.” 2 Corinthians 5:7
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment